Monday, February 10, 2014

Second Verse, Same As The First

The goal today was to go back to San Felix, and once I figured it out, the 2 hour foot, Metro, and bus trip was a snap.  Knowing it was Monday, I figured the crowds to be low, but was surprised to see only one other dude there...we had the place all to ourselves.  So, sitting on the grass, we engaged in a pantomime conversation about the weather and flying conditions...a lot of pointing to the sky, waiving arms and our respective babbling, which neither of us could understand.  Im going to be great at Charades after this trip. In the end, we communicated.  Translation:  We should have been here earlier, watch that line of cumulonimbus clouds heading our way, if it doesn't rain, the shade will kill the thermals, so lets wait it out.  Two hours and a nap later, I awoke to see the Colombian setting up for launch.  Being the less than assertive pilot I am, I watched him go first.  But in the end I had a satisfying, if not smug smile on my face as I outclimbed him by 1000 feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment